Saturday, April 24, 2004

So it seems like here on campus, sexual frustration is running high. College kids, spring, etc. But yeah, feelings high amongst both genders, but not in a way that people can take advantage of. More in a way that just makes everybody want to die. I lie. It can be taken advantage of. But not by me.

Last night the power went out.

Before it did, I made some headway with this short story I'm writing. Getting close to the end, I wrote in very straight-forward prose. I was spurred on by Loose Fur and The Meadowlands. When The Meadowlands stopped playing, I stopped writing. The music just fit my mood, and then the music propelled the writing. It was a nice cycle. This morning, on my way back from the doctor, I decided to rewrite what I wrote last night, to give it more of a clever tone, and less of a straight-forward one. Still, I made some progress.

Went to the doctor. I need to call Insurance people before I get X-rays. It turns out the brace thing that I miraculously avoided all my life is only for adolescents. For the fully grown, they just insert a metal rod in your spine. But that's only for extreme cases, of which I'm not one. So it really seems like nothing is going to come of this. But I should probably get those x-rays anyway.

Oh, structure. I treat you so poorly. I abuse you and ignore you and then bring you up faux-lovingly just to show the world that I'm aware of my own faults.

No comments: