Sunday, April 11, 2004

My mom woke me up this morning by way of phone call, to wish me a happy Easter. I was really tired. It was around ten AM. I told her I was quite tired. She asked what time I got in, I said I didn't remember. She said something to the effect of "oh, one of those nights, huh." Which I obviously don't have. Last night I hung around for a while, at one AM watched Mystery Train, came back to my room but didn't fall asleep until five AM. I basically didn't know whether to say three AM, which was the answer to the question of "when did you come in?" or five AM, the answer to the real question that went unasked "When did you go to sleep?" Either one of these answers would've explained me being asleep at ten AM, especially since that's a common occurence, as even on days I have class I don't wake up until eleven. But I was sleepy.

So yeah, sale on comics online, which had low low prices. I consorted with my nerd conscience, Jason Sheridan, and he supported my purchases. (a dollar apiece for five issues of the great and fucking weird Shade- the one that was a dealbreaker featured giant fish-priests in New Mexico.) I like having external consciences, as they are usually much more permissive than your own inner voices/real conscience would be. It allows you to put the blame on other people. Last night Alex allowed me to steal a packet of oatmeal from somebody I didn't know. I returned this oatmeal in the name of comedy that no one laughed at... I should've kept it. That's why you have an external conscience. I recommend everybody get one.

But I now resolve here, on the internet, but mainly as a note to myself. No more buying shit online WITH NO FUCKING EXCEPTIONS, until I get a job. And no more hitting up the ATM until this Thursday/Friday when I get money to buy a ticket to Kill Bill.

No comments: