Friday, April 09, 2004

Hey... weed smell. Thanks neighbors. I don't really have anything to say, it's late and I don't know if I'm sleepy or what... Can I holler at you?

I was complaining to Alex about Kill Bill, how it can't come out soon enough, and how we should've seen it by now. But... it comes out next week. That's not that long at all.

South Park on wednesday was a parody of You Got Served. Who sees that movie to parody it? God, that's brilliant. And apparently, in the movie, they really did say "you got F'ed in the A," which is terrible. I like how the people who wrote the screenplay... They consider themselves writers, you know, and they get paid for it. It's a depressing world we live in. Because people attack Hollywood and it's cynicism, but the producers aren't the ones who write the screenplays. People who write the screenplays... They think of themselves as writers, and they have more of a claim to it than I do, because they get paid for it, that's how they make their living, writing lines of dialogue like "you got F'ed in the A" which... Okay I'll concede I am not down with the streets, I'm not familar with the urban dance competition subculture, so maybe it's my fault that line doesn't ring true. But at least in white-peopleville, where we go to liberal arts college and do yoga, no one says "F'ed in the A." It's just non-stop talking about crudite, and finding income tax loopholes. But, like "you got F'ed in the A..." someone wrote that. And I'd wager it was probably someone from a similar background... The guy who wrote You Got Served was probably not black. Let's do an IMDB search. Chris Stokes wrote and directed. He used to manage B2K, and he directed but didn't write House Party 4. I guess that could be a black guy. So, yeah, I guess I'm wrong. Black people really do say "F'ed in the A." My bad, Chris Stokes.

I wish people I knew here at college read comics, because it seems like all the hip critically acclaimed stuff comes out in big graphic novels now, usually hardcovers. Like that Palomar book, which is supposed to be amazing, is a forty dollar hardcover. I can find it for twenty on Half.com, but yeah, bank statement, my decision to not buy shit from the internet anymore... Fucking hardcovers. Granted, I don't think I'd have time to read Palomar, but I could get to it eventually. I haven't read any of that Love And Rockets stuff, which I might even dig, due to the expense. And it's art type stuff, so I don't know who would be interested. Like, it gets compared to magical realism and Gabriel Garcia Marquez... Has anybody read Marquez? (I haven't, but I should) Does that sound good to anyone? Ha, I'm sounding like I am artier and smarter than people reading this... I'm not, I just view myself as a reader, which I am not. That's a misconception I have of myself, not really based on anything... And I'm usually such a good judge of character, too.

Except for the Chris Stokes thing, to bring it all back to him. Chris Stokes: White or black? Let's take wagers. IMDB doesn't have a photo, it just has that dark silhouette shadow thing.

Is this racist? I don't even know. It's pretty late. I think this is hilarious though. I'm not laughing out loud at what I'm typing, but I'm definitely very satisfied. He managed B2K. That could go either way. And I suppose he could've written the line "you got fucked in the ass" but had to tone it down for the PG-13 rating. But do people really talk about ass-fucking in regards to dance-offs?

I think that's the line I'll leave you with:

"Do people really talk about ass-fucking in regards to dance-offs?"

No comments: