Tuesday, May 25, 2004

I watched Touch Of Evil tonight. And, although I was distracted by the whole Charlton Heston not really being Mexican, it's a pretty great movie. At the same time, I think I came to the conclusion after watching L.A. Confidential that crime movies mean very little to me now. I saw too many, got exhausted. Even if I can't see the twists coming, which I can't, as I'm not smart, I guess I'm bored with the tropes. This is not to say that I didn't enjoy Touch Of Evil, I did, just not as much as I would've a few years ago. Afterwards, I discussed its merits in terms of being "better than Citizen Kane." Luckily, Touch Of Evil isn't based on a twist ending that we've all known our entire lives. So it's aged better that way. Also: Touch Of Evil was in widescreen. I don't know if I saw a pan-and-scan version of Citizen Kane, or if that was just how it was filmed.

Yeah, I want to talk about Touch Of Evil, but I don't really have anything to say. I didn't fall in love with it, but I can recommend it as a classic, and can say it's not an overrated one.

Oh, did my final presentation. Pretty smooth sailing for the rest of the school year. I need to read White Noise, but that'll be fun. I'm also going to see some shows before the end of the year. I might end up spending a few days in Portland. I still need to get my shit in order in terms of packing and finding a place to stow my belongings for the summer. I don't know what I'm going to do there. I'm going to say something, and it's an obvious something, but it needs to be said: If everything goes according to plan, my life's going to be pretty awesome.

No comments: