Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Writing. I am really not doing that much of that, in the ways of fiction. Or in the way of blogging anything of interest. The thing I wrote last didn't quite make sense in a lot of ways.

The days have been nice, and I've been walking around Olympia. Went to Goodwill, and didn't buy any pants, as was my goal. I've tended to avoid buying stuff.

But fucking hell, I have no kitchen. I can't cook anything, which would save me money. I was able to take advantage of someone else's kitchen and the food they had- I got to fry up some steak, which was nice, tasty, free, and aggressively unhealthy.

But all the on-campus food services are shut down, so the meal plan and its fake money is useless. I need to use the real money, with real trips to the ATM, which are frequent. I bought two books for class yesterday, which required me to take sixty dollars out of my checking account, fuck fuck fuck. I hate taking money out of the checking account.

I did lose those Ebay auctions though, which is something of a mixed blessing.

Not going to buy any books for entertainment purposes in Olympia while on break though, which is a smart thing to put on myself but really limits the entertainment.

I sometimes do sit-ups. This is my one form of exercise. I used to be fairly good at it. But now I'm just as bad at it as I am all other forms of physical activity, which is worrying. I used to be a competent swimmer as well, but at some point that fell apart as well. I'm also worrying that my scoliosis (which I was never treated for besides chiropractic treatments that never officially ended) might be becoming more of an issue, which would suck.

My body is betraying me. And so's my mind and my bank account, and none of these things were that great to begin with.

I've been wanting to sleep more, there's so little to do besides stare at the computer screen (although I've put limitations on myself there as well, to stop me from checking sites all the fucking time) but when I lay down sleep doesn't come. I've also been wanting to wake up early enough to go to this cafe downtown that's only open for breakfast, but... Waking up early means there's more of time to fill in a day, and more meals to eat, i.e. more money to spend on meals when you could just sleep a lot and only need to eat one meal.

Which- I guess my sleep goals would kind of turn me into someone clinically depressed, which is a vicious cycle, and it's good that my body's fighting that.

There needs to be some way to spend my time. I might be going to Portland and I'm going to try to go to Seattle. Where I will spend money but fuck it. I need to keep busy.

I seem like I am one of those people who are afraid of thinking. But that's not it. When thought comes, I welcome it. But there are times when you need things to do. And when there's nothing to do, and those times come, that's when boredom hits.

Boredom won't stop punching me in the face.

No comments: