Saturday, March 27, 2004

I guess I didn't actually write about Seattle, as a town, and my impressions of it.

Showed up on the bus in the middle of the fancypants district. I later made my way back through this area, after the show, on the way to the youth hostel. It's not quite as fancypants at 1 AM, and there are people out who you don't want to slow down to talk to.

One of these people just asked me what was going on. I kept walking.

Another one asked me for change. He was standing outside The Lusty Lady, looking to go inside. No fucker, I'll give you money to buy food, not to put into machines so you can look at a vagina.

I saw a very limited range of Seattle. I now know where two major venues are, which helps. Didn't get any food there. Got a ride in the cab of a guy who talked about the grunge movement, which I disparaged. He pointed out: It was angry music, always good, and it was blue-collar music, always good. Apparently some dude from Soundgarden rides in a lot of cabs.

Seattle, unlike Olympia, doesn't have a public transit center. Granted, this could be because while Olympia has a downtown that consists of maybe twelve blocks, Seattle consists of districts, each with their own sights to see and scenes to be a part of.

If I go again: I will go only when it is warm, and only with other people. I won't say in a youth hostel, rather, we will walk the streets throughout the night until the buses start running again.

I like the streets at night. This isn't a Seattle-exclusive thing, it's just me, and my interest, and why I wouldn't have any problem walking through those streets at night, were I not alone.

Granted, the streets at night are really only cool when you are by yourself.

I should really investigate more of the different districts, find places to eat, etc. I don't know if this will ever happen.

So now: This is the Saturday of the week of Spring Break. Now comes the waiting for people to come back, either today or tomorrow.

No comments: