Monday, March 08, 2004

Just wanted to say thanks to Olympia people. Evie liked the short story I posted yesterday. I also finished up my story which I'm submitting for that contest mentioned a few weeks ago, and sent copies to Loren and Alex, both of whom liked it. Alex wrote a great fucking review in e-mail form, while the rest did the AIM conversation bit.

As a bit of quid pro quo, I'm going to tell Alex here that I liked the song "Now It's The Assholes That Come Out At Night," and to everyone else I'm going to mention that the song title is a paraphrase of something I said to him while walking the streets of Olympia en route to Deerhoof.

So yeah, thanks for the kind words. It means a lot. Granted, you are my friends and therefore kind of biased, but you're people that I know are smart so that makes up for a lot.

Other people have said nice things about my writing in the past as well, so thank you.

Very happy right now, and very awake as well. Have an oral presentation tomorrow, which I need visuals for, which I'm going to get before class. I might have to wake up early. Which would also mean I would have to go to sleep early. But it's past the point of that happening now, and I'm still very awake.

I feel kickboxing.

No comments: