Saturday, June 12, 2004

So, my thoughts over the past few hours have concerned themselves with the question of whether I should go to sleep or not. I'm going to be hitting the road at 5:30 AM. I figured I'd fit in some sleep. So I packed up the computer and hit the sheets. Sleep didn't come. I thought about my diet, of eating one hearty meal per day then coasting by on simple sugars for the rest of the day. The sugars shouldn't be found in beverages, and only water should be consumed. I call this the cheap bastard diet. It works for me, but it's probably really unhealthy. What sucks is it's not going to work for me tomorrow, due to lack of availability of both hearty meals and simple sugars. Damn you airplanes. Also thought about how I'm going to spending six hours in Chicago. If only I knew people in Chicago. I also came up with the idea that there should be bus services that run, constantly, from airports to the downtown area for people with long stop-over flights, and people who needed to get from downtown to the airport for one reason or another. I think this idea would work perfectly, and make a shitload of money for both the bus and the downtown area. For all I know, there's a bus set-up like this in Chicago, and I'll end up doing shit in Chicago. Here's hoping. Anyway, with all of my thinking, sleep didn't come, and then my upstairs neighbor turned on music. Which made me think "fuck sleep." So I got up, stripped my bed, pulled out the laptop and the ethernet cable. Of course, almost as soon as I got out of bed, the music stopped. Hence keeping up my tradition of not being a person who does smart things. And, really, this isn't facetious self-deprecation. I might be known for being a fairly intelligent person, but I'm also kind of known to do the dumbshit.

God, I hate my hair right now. I liked it nonexistent, and I liked it shaggy as fuck. But right now, the length it's at, combined with my general style of dress of wearing white t-shirts, I look very... manual labor. If I wear a button-down shirt, I look prep school as all hell. Mainly I don't concern myself with my appearance that much, but that's because I generally don't look like anything, really.

I really don't like the current airport setup that stops people from waiting at the terminal. I hate getting off a plane and just walking to the baggage claim, and just thinking "at some point I'll run into the people who are looking for me." What the fuck is with that? Oh, and having people wait with you to board a plane is nice too, as opposed to the whole set-up of just dropping you off and saying your goodbyes then.

Don't know what I'm going to read on the plane/in the airport. The food issue is a bigger one, though.

Hm. I'm thinking now that I'm going to turn off the computer, put it back in my bookbag, and start reading Invisible Man. Maybe I'll end up finishing it in 24 hours. Maybe I'll just do some writing. Maybe I'll end up falling asleep in spite of my saying "fuck sleep."

No comments: