Friday, June 11, 2004

So, most things are boxed up and in storage now. Everybody's gone. This is nice, in a way, because it makes it easier for me to reconcile my present status with my near-future status. When all my friends were here, it made the summmer hard to imagine. Now, it looms larger, and is easier to conceive, if not necessarily to look forward to.

I'm listening to Ted Leo and the Pharmacists right now. And you know, experimental record and a punk background aside, this dude is really fucking classic rock. Sure, there's the politics, and the literature references, but I just can't get into it that much. I can get into it easier than I can get into, say, actual classic rock, and I might still want to see him live, but my actual response to the records is one of almost ambivalence. There are some enjoyable moments, but mainly, it just doesn't speak to me.

It seems like I should be able to tie those things together, and yet I can't. I am tired, tomorrow looks to be a fairly busy day, I am anxious about the future and annoyed with music. There's a Brainiac song that's been running through my head as of late, and it sums everything up: Nothing Ever Changes.

No comments: