Friday, June 11, 2004

I probably won't be able to post for awhile after today/early tomorrow, but right now my mind is in that manic state it sometimes gets, so maybe there'll be enough of my witticisms posted to tide you over.

When I was looking at colleges and expressed an interest in going to Reed, I would get all kinds of shit from them. Some of the things I would receive would be little more than postcards or flyers that did little more than kill the earth. I got one of these that had a Dorothy Parker quote on it. You know, amp up the kid's excitement with a little Dorothy Parker, so they'll be more willing to give this college their money should they be accepted. I wasn't a fan of the practice, nor of the sentiment expressed in the quote. The quote was "The only cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity."

That's the quote I'm talking about when I think about wanting my epitaph to read "Fuck You Dorothy Parker."

No comments: