Saturday, October 06, 2007

I know I write about Shary Boyle all the time, but she just updated her site with a bunch of new drawings and exhibition photos, and the announcement that she'll have the back cover and two pages in the next Kramers Ergot, and these are all very exciting things. The new drawings have worked in space and planets, expanding the range of the alternate worlds that were previously largely occupied by human bodies in the "Porcelain Fantasy" series. This is more geology than porcelain, and its reaching towards the cosmic.

The Kramers thing looks great, but next year will also bring a monograph called "Otherworld Uprising" which I think will probably be very much a thing as well. Seriously: My favorite contemporary visual artist.

Blogger is being weird about links right now, but: http://www.sharyboyle.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kramer's Ergot?

More like Kramer's Er-NO!

I'm sorry I'm kind of drunk. Thanks whiskey!

--Jason

P.S.-Oh I called your house and left a message with some dude. He probably didn't give you the message. He was probably on the drugs.