Saturday, June 11, 2005

I've been thinking about writing but not doing any writing. As I waited for the bus, I was thinking I would just write a blog entry as a prelude to doing some actual writing, the kind I want to do and have to put thought into, but I waited for the bus longer than usual, and now there is just exhaustion. But briefly, my day:

My day was exhausting. I didn't go to sleep. I watched The Testament Of Dr. Mabuse instead. Today is day one of the moving days. Two more roommates are gone now, moved out. The one roommate still here may or may not do a ton of work and pull it all together within the next twenty-three hours. I've got most of my stuff in storage. It weighs a good deal.

Tomorrow I'm gone, and the phone number you all have will no longer be of use. It's a phone number I've given to prospective employers. Now, I can only assume that I didn't get the job at Brewery City, nor did I get the job at the assisted living facility. Even if they were willing to give it to me, they won't be able to tell me.

The job prospects currently: I have an interview at Goodwill on Tuesday at 10:30. That might not lead anywhere. I have been given a job selling satellite dishes on commission. It seems sketchy, and the more I mull over the details, the sketchier it seems. The office is upstairs from a Papa Murphy's Take and Bake Pizza. If I'm actually able to sell people on the superiority of satellite dishes over cable, then there's some money to be made. Otherwise I am fucked. The head of the sales team is a mustachioed man. The company may or may not have phones yet installed in the office. Once that happens, the job will segue into telemarketing. There's the possibility I should continue to pound the pavement, let's say.

But then there's the house search. Moving out tomorrow. Staying somewhere for a few days, but don't want to rely on that. There's a sublet available, and I talked to the woman subletting, and it would be fine, regardless of the lead-based paint and whatnot, but I might not get it. More people still to talk to. I'm stopping by there Tuesday evening.

I've got a new mailbox downtown for the time being.

We should have more food in the house than we do, at least some milk for the cereal, or something, but no, because I'm gone tomorrow. I imagine my diet's going to be odd for the next few days, which makes for a bad combination with the physically exhausting moving activity.

God. I don't know. The loss of interaction with friends who play to my best/worst/most instinctive instincts will be tough. Especially if I'm doing sales work. Hopefully I'll be able to make good money and have a place and just coop myself up and do writing, if the dayjob isn't too exhausting. I guess I'll have to force myself. I kind of want to force myself now but I don't know if I got any REM sleep this morning, and I doubt I got any in my many nods off on the bus.

I've got some ambitions though, believe you me.

Also, I'm afraid this computer's going to overheat soon so I'm going to post now and then be done with it.

No comments: